I have this little prayer and ritual that I do every night just before I go to sleep. I lay in my bed and do a few things to balance my body and go through a short mental intention to make sure I get the kind of sleep I want. Then I ask for something a little extra using more of my special Magic Nights words.
The problem is, on more nights than I would like to admit, I can’t even get through even half of it before falling asleep. Sometimes I even feel that my brain just blocks me from continuing the thought. ”Enough” it will say, and just make me go to sleep without any agenda whatsoever.
This sleep-inducing protocol is the first part of the Magic Nights Technique:
- I set the overall tone for the night with words like Love and Light.
- I make sure everyone is safe and has a good time: ”According to Free Will and for the Good of All.”
- I put on my Captain’s uniform:
- I do a mini cross-crawl exercise with my hands and feet to balance my right and left brain,
- I activate each Chakra by putting my hands over it and running a little energy through it until it feels open and good, to balance my neurology more.
- I call forth my inner wisdom, divine essence and authentic self in harmony and wholeness.
- I begin to invite my Magic Nights Crew…Z Z Z…
If I wake up in the middle of the night and realize I hadn’t gotten through my full Magic Nights intention, I just start again. This time, I usually can stay awake long enough to get through all of it.
But then, if I really, really can’t sleep even with the intention, I might drink some water then:
In either case, I will make sure to spend a little more time on my morning attention meditation.
I guess sometimes a girl just needs to just sleep. And that’s OK.
Have a Magic Night!